At beproductive.ie we help organisations improve their productivity by providing practical training, advice, tips and tools. Meetings take up a lot of time and can really affect our productivity. So we have created a Be Productive Meetings Checklist to help make your meetings more productive.
Be Productive Meetings Checklist
First of all it is important to spend some time planning your meeting.
- Invite those with a role to play (participate, learn, inform)
- Ask for input on agenda topics
- Circulate the agenda with any pre-reading or reference documents
Then actively manage the meeting as it takes place.
- Set the meeting expectations
- Agree ground rules *
- Nominate a note-taker
- Encourage participation from all
- Don’t dominate the discussion
- Keep on track, park long discussions
- Ensure key decisions and actions are recorded
- Recap to gain commitment & assign actions
- Review what worked well /what didn’t
- Thanks people for their time and contribution
* The ground rules can be as simple as switching off phones or not bringing laptops to the meeting.
Finally make sure you maximise the good work done in the meeting by following up afterwards on actions, decisions and unresolved issues.
- Circulate actions
- Follow up on any parked discussions
- Resolve any issues that emerged
If you would like further information on Productivity or wish to book a Be Productive training session, please contact Moira or Ann on our Contact Form.